Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Beginnings..Again?

Isaiah 42:9 See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you."
Since the start of the 2009 I have read a couple of places online where some christians have felt cheated because of what DID or DIDN'T happen in 2008. In their hearts and mind it was NOT their year of New Beginnings that so many said it would be. In return they have decided that those ministers and teachers of the word are false prophets or counterfeit teachers. They criticize the personal lives of pastors and preachers and blame them for what they themselves HAVEN'T receive in their lives.
It is time for us to become familiar with the passage of scripture in 2 Chronicles 20:20b Believe in the LORD your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.
When we see a pastor prospering while his flock doesn't we think he is a crook and a con. We don't know how much time that congregation is spending believing in God and meditating on the word. As well you need to be praying for discern and truth to see if it good soil there for you to learn and plant seed. I myself mentioned in another message that even as believers we should NOT live our christian walk through other pastors and teachers. They are flesh just like we are and susceptible to the same attacks of the enemy. I am not trying to excuse SIN from anyone's life but too much of time I see such a religious backbiting spirit in the church. When we see ANYONE especially our generals in the body of Christ fall down LET us refrain from saying A-HA! and instead pray for that one to get and STAY back up.
In fact we need to take responsibility for the quality of our own lives. I believe that EVERYTHING God said for me and to me will come to pass. It may have NOT been in way I had planned but I myself DID have an exciting New Beginning in '08 and the blessed part of that is that it is just the beginning. In the midst of economic turmoil and all the doom and gloom projected by the media I can TESTIFY that 2008 was a time of New Beginnings for me in personal and professional life. I can say that even in obeying God to leave my job to start and concentrate on ministry I have learned how to be sustained on the FAVOR and word of God.
And everything that was meant for my evil last year God used it for my good. Your life will be what YOU make it in Christ. Like the man in John 5: 6-8 we don't need someone else to help us get in the pool all we need to do be obedient to HIM who says Rise, take up your bed and walk. Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: