Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's your world

Mark 8:36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? I just have to say that serving Jesus is the greatest life in the world. Forget all that other carnal junk like shacking up with some dude who still doesn't want to married, drinking, clubbing dragging day after day to some dead end job with no hope of advancement and progress. When you have and develop a relationship with God then you get in on His good plans for your life. The plans to prosper you and for you a good future. You realize that as high as it is the sky is still not the limit and nothing is impossible to you. Your friends and family considered your servitude to Christ as extreme and that you missing out on all the fun. For me personally if what the world was offering me indeed was fun then I will pass on anymore of that.
Philippians 3:8 (NLT) Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ. So I will be alone for the value of learning who I am in Christ and what kind of mate I deserve from Him. I will in the mean time learn about real intimacy and true love in the shelter of the Most High. Also I deal with having pray through any pain or hurt and giving it over to him instead of numbing myself with pleasures from the world because I know He causes all things to work together for my good.
Let me tell you saints the enemy is a liar, a deceiver and a destroyer and what he is offering you is NOTHING compared to what God has in store for you.
Maybe people in the world will it doesn't take all that praying, reading your word, giving and offering and church going but that is ok it just means they don't want what you want. People in the world who haven't dealt with their pain can't understand your desire to be whole. People in the world attack our desire for wealth. They have no problem with every singer, actress, rapper, ball player or other media personality being rich but pastors, prophets, ministers and such should be nice little christians and stay broke. I don't always get it right but in my daily life I am representative of the kingdom and so I reflect the image and likeness of Christ and I expect the same. And when I don't get it back I love then anyway but I keep it moving. Believers dont attach yourself to former dead way of living. Choose life. Choose light. Believe good about you are- imperfections and all. Love you. Appreciate You. Leave the world and all its fun and pleasure behind. You are not missing out on anything. As Paul says in Philippians 3:14b By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward- to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. Be Blessed In Jesus Name, Manie

0 comments: