Monday, November 17, 2008

Faith in the Famine

Genesis 26:2 The Lord appeared to Isaac and said, "Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live. Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. Genesis 26:12 Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the LORD blessed him.
When I participate in the different forms of christian fellowship here on the internet be it through emails, christian groups, prayer center websites or forums it is apparent that the body of Christ is feeling the sting from these tough times. I see the prayer requests for jobs, homes being foreclosed, and other needs. As difficult as it may be we must assume a position of knowing and believing God's word that we as kingdom kids are only IN this world and not OF this world. There is a higher, more supreme truth that dictates how we live and what we have. That is the truth of faith in God through our relationship with His son Jesus Christ and His word. Let me tell you saints this tough times should have YOU with your nose more than ever before pressed in the word of God. This economy and declining job market has caused such an attack on our faith. I see people begging NOT believing God to move for them. We hear a moving sermon or read an outstanding message and we are UP then we look around and face past due bills and empty cupboards and we are DOWN. I wish I had some really NEW, BIG or DEEP revelation from God to share with you right now to chase away every ounce and doubt and fear that troubles you. But I don't. What I want to share from you is something you have heard before and will hear again and again. It was what God said to Isaac and it is what God is saying to you today. He will bless you. With no job, or living from check to check, with no car, or with a car and no gas money, with half your mortgage or none of it HE WILL BLESS YOU. I leave this word for you to believe again and again in your heart and confess again and again with your mouth. In Hebrews 6:13-15 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, Saying "I will surely bless you and give you many descendants."And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.
Finally I want to add It is a pleasure to share with you the teaching and healing word as the Holy Spirit makes it available to me. There is much more I want and am called to do in my internet writing ministry. I ask YOU that in the same way that Isaac sowed in the famine you do the same. Please be a blessing to what God is calling me to do and plant a financial seed of any size here. In advance I thank you and I pray that God will return it back to you 100 fold. In Jesus Name Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: