Saturday, November 01, 2008

Common Sense, Uncommon God

In the book of the Luke in the first chapter we see a young girl being propositioned with what seemed like an impossible situation. An angel of the Lord has visited her with the news that she had been chosen to bring forth the son of God and through unconventional methods. Now I will admit I am unsure of what age Mary was at this particular time in her life but the bible does say she was already engaged to be married and she knew enough about the birds and bees to know that there needed to be a male present for conception to take place.
She asked the angel in verse 34 "But how can this happen? I am a virgin." She is told in the next verse "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.
Can you imagine the obedience to be a participant in such a miraculous move of God. She decided to look past her natural knowledge about conception and perceive and believe the supernatural about God. Even more she look past the possible reactions, consideration and comment of her family, friends and others.
Maybe they would think in the very least she was a compulsive liar or assume the worst and want her committed in the nearest mental institution for being schizophrenic.
How many of us today would be like as willing and obedient as Mary to follow God and do whatever He said even if didn't make sense in the natural to anyone else in our lives.
Would you like Abraham at the ripe age of 75 leave your family and every you knew to follow the promise of God that he would be made into a great nation, or that his name would be made famous and he would be a blessing to others.
Could you continue like David to follow God after being called from tending sheep to slaying a giant, being pursue to killed by the very man that anointed you to be king, have your son's life taken at hand of God and go on to be considered a man after God's own heart?
In Acts 13:22 it is explained God said David would do everything He wanted him to do.
Sometimes ..ok... most of the time the plans and purposes of God in our lives may not be comprehensible our natural senses and reasoning.
Understanding is not a mandate for faith.
Isaiah 55:8-9 (NLT) "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
In Matthew 10:32 (MSG) it is written "Stand up for me against world opinion and I'll stand up for you before my Father in heaven. If you turn tail and run, do you think I'll cover for you?
People inside and outside the body of Christ can say whatever they wish about ministers who preach the message of prosperity. One thing I will say is that they have not let the opinions and opposition of those people stop them from spreading the truth that God is for His people being wealthy.
Psalm 35:27b "Let the LORD be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant."
For a moment we need to consider and take note that the religious leaders and teachers all thought they were doing the right thing by crucifying this man who was claiming to be the son of God.
Sometimes more than neceassary we have decided to be our brothers keeper and keep others in line but excuse me that I have less time to see what this minister is are doing wrong. It is taking too much working seeking God to make sure of what I am need to be doing right for the kingdom.
I have made it up in my mind as of this moment that I really am going all the way with the Lord has called me to do. Even when I don't understand I still believe HIM. Even when other people want me to do the so call smart thing I will still wait on HIM to do what He promised.
In this season of my life God has called to swim against the current and depend SOLELY on His provision and favor as I move about His kingdom work. I use to be the one who always wanted the support, validation and go head from the crowd that I was doing the right thing. I am not perfect but for the most part I have always been a pretty levelheaded kind of girl.
Today though I am singing a new song and I decree that with my hands trembling. my voice quivering and my knees knocking I am saying to the LORD this day like Mary I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said. In Jesus Name Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: