Friday, October 31, 2008

I got a New Attitude

Ephesians 4:22-24 (NLT) throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God-truly righteous and holy. There is a sense of happiness and sadness that comes with freedom in Christ through His renewal. Of course we happy to be free and whole but still a little sad when we see of weak and deceitful were the chains of our bondage. I was in bondage to my attitude and thoughts of inferiority and low self esteem. Especially in regards to romantic relationship. For longer than I care to remember I use to believe I wasn't good enough to keep the attention and affections of this or that guy. The times when I gave pursue some sort of romantic relationship and it ended badly there was always this I told you so speech that I gave to myself. What a load of lies from the enemy I had believed and made my truth. The truth is that the more I believed it the more it manifested in my life as reality. We throw off the old way by resisting and rejecting in the name of Jesus every lie, deception and suggestion from the enemy and the world about who and what we are. Then we put on our new nature by believing and speaking the word of God over ourselves about who and what we are. I expected when I start to renew my mind that I would learn about myself but what I didn't expect through the spirit of discernment was to learn about other people. The truth about people who put others down and treat them badly is that they themselves are full of low self- worth and self-esteem and in me they spotted the one that could be the weaker of the two.
You will notice that when you mature and begin to cast down from you the lies of the enemy and walk away from people that don't celebrate you that your departure is not welcomed. It took a couple of go-backs before I realize they didn't want to me to stay because of me but because of them.
When you grow and mature in the Lord around people who are not seeking the same growth and freedom you will experience the crab in the bucket syndrome. I saw it when I wanted more emotional, financial and spiritual liberty than the people around me. I now have a different revelation of the word to whom much is given, much is required. When you have been given more revelation, you are required to use to give more and go farther. When you have been given much forgiveness you are required to give much forgiveness. When you have been given much love you are required to give much love. When you have been given much mercy and grace from God you then are required to give much grace and mercy to others. If you know that you dealing with someone and they display a certain behaviour then STOP letting it hurt you so much. Forgive them, pray for them and keep on living. I had to and you must stop personalizing the pain. I use to get mad and hurt so easily at others and then I just got tired of letting other people junk bother me so much. So when I was in the presence of someone and they wants to judge me, put me down , control me or in anyway oppress me I had to kindly speak in love TO MYSELF that my heart is a no DUMPING zone. I made a decision that my heart is a garden only for WORD seed and not world seed. See the truth is that someone in the world can say you are ugly and you will believe and receive and allow it affect the way you live. Or you can read Psalm 139:14 (MSG) Body and soul I am marvelously made. As is written in Psalm 40:3 He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. I have fought long and hard for the freedom to love, see, appreciate myself in the way that God meant for me. In Jesus Name Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: