Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Who is really running the show?

Romans 8:7 (NLT) For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's law, and it never will. If you are like me then you have struggled with how to NOT do the wrong thing when you knew what is the right thing. This word today from the Lord is not necessarily about sin but more about the voice of influence. For a long time I wanted God to just make it possible for me not to sin and be disobedient to Him. I thought it was something wrong with me because there were times when I really fought to obey God. There was always that voice trying to urge me to do the very thing I didn't want to do. In studying today about the flesh I started to meditate on Galatians 5:16-17 So, I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves. The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under the obligation to the law of Moses.
The truth as I know it today is that there are always two voices vying for our attention. It was news to me when I read in the word some time ago that I could say NO to my flesh because I was dead to sin and alive in Christ. For so long I was under sin's power and when I was born again no one bothered to tell me different. I only knew that I wasn't going to hell. So then my flesh (and yours) was ok with things staying status quo.
After salvation we never get it that the devil is defeated and his power and control has been overthrown. All the problems and situations before our trip down the altar are still there to meet us outside the door of the church. The enemy would have us to think we still need this and that in order to survive. We maintain our defeated posture to certain people and some problems ..Here you have the power I am under your control to do with me as you wish.
In my life personally I could attest to the fact that I have handed over complete power and control to certain things, habits and people. When I knew the truth and continued in the truth in order to be free believe it was no easy feat having to overthrow those dead things. Nothing and no one loves to be demoted. But the truth is that of greatest commandment is You must love the LORD you God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. We give power to the things we love. No one loves the devil so he hides behind the habits, the money, the man or woman.
Romans 8:9 (NLT) But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. (OR ANYONE ELSE'S FOR THAT MATTER) You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)
Right now I am determined that no matter what happened to me I will only be yielded to the control of the Holy Ghost. I am not going to love people, things and habits more than I love God because when I do they start to become more powerful to me than HE is. I love Jesus Christ with my everything because He first loved and gave me HIS everything. You are not left up to you own devices and tactics. God is with you and most of all God is for you. Invite the Holy Ghost into your life and let him you have decided in your own free will to let HIM run the show of your life. In Jesus Name Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: