Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Great I Am

The Lord tells Moses in the beginning of Exodus 3 that he has heard the cries and seen the plight of the Israelites enslaved to the Egyptians. It is recorded to be over 400 years of bondage that the Israelites endured while in Egypt. We read in Jeremiah 23:23-24 Am I a God at hand, says the Lord, and not a God afar off? Can anyone hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? says the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? says the Lord. We should take encouragement in that word knowing that we serve an omnipresent God. And now like it was then He sees all the trials, tribulations and oppression we are going through. I would have thought in all their suffering that one of the children of Israel would have called out to God for deliverance much sooner. Yet God in His sovereignty, his power, and his mercy decided to for once and for all intervene and take His people from oppression to the land of plenty. Again it the same with us God is saying to us today that we need not suffer through the warfare, generational curses, sickness and lack that burdened our ancestors. We are promised in the Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]--. The time is now as written of in Jeremiah 33:3 Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).
After Lord sent Moses out with instructions to go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt. Moses inquired of the Lord what is the name of the one that is sending me? What shall I say to them of who is the God of their fathers?
In verse 14-15(AMP) it is written And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said. You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you. God said also to Moses, This shall you say to the Israelites: The Lord, the God of your fathers, of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever, and by this name I am to be remembered to all generations.
He was first revealed to Moses as The Great I am but He has promised to show Himself to us in that way as well. It is when you know Him as the Great I am that all of the questions in life are erased.
Maybe someone needs healing in their body and all the doctors have given up on you. So you ask Who is going to bring healing to my body? I am.
Father God, in the name of Jesus I am need financial provision. Who will supply for this need? I am.
Lord, I feel all alone. Shady family members and fairweather friends. Who will be there for me to stick closer than any brother? I am
Who is that is GREATER living in me than all the wickedness in this world. I AM .
Who has destroyed all the forces of evil in my life and allowed me to triumph over the enemy. Christ says I am.
I am here today reporting to you the GOOD NEWS. No matter how long you have been oppress, in bondage, felt left all alone. Like the declaration of the Kirk Franklin song This is it.
The Great I am has said to announce to you He has heard it all and seen it all. He has promised to bring you of your afflication in to a place of freedom and abundance. In Jesus Name. Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: