Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude

There is a curse associated with the mentality of if only. When we are stuck in living based on if only then all of the happiness, joy and peace we want to possess will only happen if only. When you are stuck living based on if only then you are never living in the joy of the moment but always waiting for that if only to occur.
If only I had this..
If only I had that..
If only he did this..
If only she did that...
If only God caused this to happen..
if only God caused that not to have happen..

There is nothing wrong with wanting and believing for God’s best in your life but there has to be balance and contentment to know that ALL is WELL right now. Particularly for myself I made the decision to stay appreciative for all that I am and all that I have with Christ right now. Being grateful takes effort and some days it is harder than other days. Yet being grateful is the BEST cure for dealing with the if only’s.
Colossians 2:6-7 (NLT) And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
Psalm 69:30 (NLT) Then I will praise God’s name with singing, and I will honor with thanksgiving.
Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: