Sunday, December 07, 2008

Uncontested consent

Hosea 4:6 (NIV) My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge.
When you don't know the truth about who you are then you involuntarily give your consent to agree with the world. If this person or that person says you will never amount to much then if you don't know any better you will agree with the same. Particularly if that person is someone whose opinion and knowledge of you is one that should matter. I was one of those who in my past lived in ignorance of the knowledge who I was suppose to be so I gave consent for everyone else to be an expert on ME. If all you have ever known was lack then you consent to living a life of lack. If all you ever experienced was hurt and disappointment then you consent to a life of more hurt and disappointment. God's people are being destroyed because they don't know who they are and even when they find out they reject that truth in light of what they have already known about themselves. On of the biggest transformations in my life HAS been owning the truth about what God has said about me. No one has my consent to treat me or decide for me anything less than what God has said about me. I own the truth that I am the head. I own the truth that I am blessed coming in and blessed going out. I own the truth that wealth and riches belong in my house. I own the truth that nothing can separate me from the love of Christ. I own the truth I have power over the power of the enemy. I don't spend time walking in misery or disappointment over what I feel about me or even what others feel about me. My only consent is to believe and know God's truth. In the bible Jesus said of some people that they hated him without reason and there will times in our lives will we will experience that same truth. But you still have to know and own the truth.
I want to encourage some people to know that just because things didn't pan out for you the way you thought it doesn't mean that you are less or lacking in anyway.
No matter if your mate left or the business folded you are still God's best and every day we should seek to believe what God has said instead of the world. Make the choice for happiness a mandate in your life.
Maybe before coming to the light a lot of your consent to darkness was just by default but after a while you will have maintain a posture of defense to keep your HOLD on the truth. You will have to take authority over the lies from the world, deception through people and evil from the enemy. When you start teetering on the path of the freedom people will try and topple you over because they will want you to stay where they are. People will want to bring up your past while the Holy Ghost is only focused on your future. Consent to be God's best.
Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear [submit and consent to the divine will] and come to Me; hear, and your soul will revive; and I will make an everlasting covenant or league with you, even the sure mercy (kindness, goodwill, and compassion) promised to David. Manie

0 comments: