Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The power of deception

2 Corinthians 10:4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
One of the strongholds that we against is the enemy's power of deception. The enemy wants us to think how powerful, mighty and strong he is. But the devil is a liar. Today is the day for you to demolish the lies in your mind about the enemy. Some of us have spent too much time focusing and even magnifying the power of our problems and not the power in God's promises. You see in John 8:31-32 that it is not just knowing the truth that makes you free but it is continuing in that knowledge that makes you free. Being negative and miserable was something that was very familiar to me and when I learned that I could be free from it that was wonderful NEWS to me. Yet as much as I wanted it was such a struggle to always make the choice to be free. Sometimes my soul just wanted to sit back and pout. Other times my focus was on all the other times the devil had knocked me down. What I wasn't seeing was that he had the upper hand because of my (and your) lack of knowledge. There were a lot of times in the past and even a few times now that I have to take authority and confess the truth over and over again before my soul relents and the enemy backs off. It seems like prior to being born again my mind, my will and my emotions were use to doing things on their own and it was a battle to get them to YIELD to the power of the Holy Ghost. My mind was use to worry and anxiety, my will wanted to run my life even when it was apparent it wasn't working and finally with my emotions they still wanted to run amok. But I have learn how to YIELD myself body, soul and spirit to the will and way of God. The power of deception may want you to always look back to that negative and defeated way of living but I am living proof that with God there is a much BETTER way to live. The darkness of deception can't stand up the light of the WORD. Like turning on lights in the middle of the night scatters roaches IT does the same thing to deception.
The truth of God's work is not based on how bad your situation compared to how bad mine. The word of God is truth, light and power to ALL. We are all blessed coming in and blessed going out. For all us our futures are brighter than our pasts. We all are strong in the LORD and His mighty power. You may have been a victim as a child and even as an adult but right now confess: I make a choice to believe and see myself as a victor in Christ. Begin to find some scriptures to confess that tell you about the greatness and power of the LORD. Manie

0 comments: