Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let your prayers be decisive

Let your prayers be an expression of asking BUT at the same time agreeing with God that it is done.
In Mark 11:22-24 Jesus said to ask, believe and receive ALL at once.
People say we shouldn't pray and act like God is some genie in a bottle and that is definitely true but not for the reasons you think. First of all genies are not real and God most definitely lives and He is real. Another thing is they say that genies grant three wishes and God honors ALL prayers and confessions of faith. People are always telling us we shouldn't use God for own personal agendas as if we really had the power to do that anyway. Like I could really pray to receive from God what He didn't want me to have in the first place. God can't be used, deceived, or manipulated and for those who truly love and know Him we have no desire to do that to Him. That kind of warning is from religious people who have been taught not to ask and receive from Him for themselves.
God wants us to come to HIM knowing what He wants to and wills to do for us. Our prayers should be FILLED that because of His love, goodness and faithfulness IT HAS been done. We don't pray and confess from a position of thinking that we are God but knowing that we are His children made in His image and likeness. I have heard people arguing against the word of faith movement that it teaches others to think they are God. AS IF it was possible to be the Most High even if I was insane enough to believe that. I am still learning about everything God is but I can assure I don't think I am HIM. It is through my love and faith in His son Jesus Christ that I have access to His kingdom, His provision, His goodness and all of HIM.
Another thing about decisive praying knowing about what choices and decisions we are to make with the Lord. .
It is our decision in whether we choose to be happy or not. Blessed or not. Prosperous or not. I was always taught in church that you ask God for what you wanted and then let Him decide whether or not He would do it. This year the Holy Spirit has taught me that God trusts and loves us that when you decide what you what done He will empower us and bless us words that it will be done.
Job 22:28 (NLT) You will succeed in whatever you choose to do, and light will shine on the road ahead of you.
We are waiting for Christ to do what He has said is already done. Agree with His word and believe His word and possess what He wants for you to have.
John 15:7 (NLT) But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
We can't remain in him and His words in us and be full of hate, unforgiveness and greed towards HIM for things. Being in Jesus brings us truth and life. We have revelation of who He is and who we are. We want better for us because we know He has better for us.
Let your prayer decide that you trust God that you believe God.
Today the LORD wants you to know, believe and decide according to Isaiah 65:24 (NLT) I will answer them before they even call to me.
While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers. Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: