Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tradition is stagnant

In Mark 7:8 Jesus tells the religious people that they have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men. Most of us know how to be religious but do we know how to be in relationship with Jesus. Tradition had me begging Jesus to do everything while I do nothing. Religion had me rebuking the devil and never knowing I had power over the all the power of the enemy. I was in church but NOT in the word. We can dance and holla with the best of them but at the end of day we are blown down by every little breeze that comes our way. Everyone told me to be saved you had to read the bible but it was never told to me to be free you need to be in the word. I knew that I needed to give pay my tithes and offering but it was not taught to me to expect God to open the windows of heaven and pour down a blessing. We are warned by Jesus Christ that we nullify and make void and of no effect [the authority of] the Word of God through (our) tradition.
There are people who are oppose to confessing the word of God because they think it is to deem ourselves God. Myself and most other believers I hoped would never think to compare ourselves to God. I could never earn the freedom I have in the sacrifice Jesus made for me on the cross. Yet Genesis 1:26 writes God said, Let Us [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] make mankind in Our image, Our likeness, and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the [tame] beasts, and over all of the earth, and over everything that creeps upon earth.
There are some that think it is selfish and downright sinful to be successful. They think that it for the world. Leave it to the carnal people to have money and success we as Christian need to stay poor and remain humble. I know from experience being broke doesn't bring humility and there are plenty of broke people that are selfish.
2 Corinthians 9:11 You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
I understand that the Kingdom of God is not exclusively about getting wealth but the truth is IT is is written that it is God who gives us the ability to get wealth.
I wish that we would put down the religious facades and let people know how it is for all of us at any given day. If it was up to church folks people would go to the altar already all together. I remember after being saved for a while and then I got pregnant all those around me were so shocked and disappointed in me. It was my grandmother, may she forever rest in peace, who was there for me to support me and love and show me the love of Christ . I am thankful that though people may give up on you, God never does.
We know how to win souls but do we know how to change lives.
With the great commission it is made plain through the word in Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the end of the age.
We have been made disciples of Christ. The authority Jesus has here on earth is available to us believers in Him. The authority Jesus had was from the Father. Our Father. Jesus is now in heaven on the right side of Christ. He has left for us the Holy Spirit our counselor and helper. He with His sacrifice and redemption have made it possible to have access before the throne of God in His name. When Jesus walked the earth then the people sought him for their healing, their deliverance and all other needs.
After He ascended to go be with the Father He left for us another Helper, the Holy Spirit. Our lack of knowledge through tradition will cause us as God's people to perish.
The minor prophet Amos spoke of time declared by the Lord then I will send a famine through the land- not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the Lord. When I write its to minister to people. In my work I back it with scriptures so that people can go and see it for themselves according to the word of God. At the right age my grandfather lead me to the altar in our little country baptist church to get born again and pick my deacon. It was tradition that led me to religion it was BUT it was revelation that led me to relationship. Tradition counts you out and revelation puts you back in. In Jesus Name Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: