Friday, November 21, 2008

His Love Heals

For a very long time in my life I was in bondage to rejection. It didn't matter whether the rejection was real or just my own perception of it I still suffered from thinking that no one loved or cared about me. Because of my struggle with rejection I suffered from with low self-esteem/worth and depression. I tried to protect myself from rejection and in the process I became a very cold and yet overly sensitive person. Every hill was a mountain and every speed bump was the end of the road. I got saved yet still felt this way for a very long But God...
Through personal storms and trials I started to SEEK God will everything I had in me and it was there in my mess that He met me and dealt with me. I started to learn and grow in how much Jesus loved me and what His sacrifice on the cross was really about. I want to stop here and interject that the word of God is not some pick-me-upper. Reading the word should not be on your to-do list for being a good christian. Before I ever read it in the book of Hebrews I found out a long time ago and still experience it today that the word of God is alive and powerful. There is no situation that can stand up against reading, speaking and believing the word of God. All the rejection I have ever experience from those near and dear and even distant acquaintance could NOT stand up to the truth of God's love for me. I realized that people and the world had LIED to me. I had believe the lies of rejection that I wasn't this enough or that enough. The more people rejected me, the more I rejected myself. BUT GOD...led me to His word to know the truth about His love me. The pain and the love of the crucifiction was MORE real to me than rejection from a family member or hurt from a past relationship. I fell in love with myself. I accepted me right where I was for who I am. I am not there yet..who is but I am being changed from glory to glory.
There is such love and confidence from ME to Me that it literally makes giddy sometimes. You could probably only appreciate that kind of statement if you have dealt with the kind of self-loathing that I heaped on myself.
That testimony was to tell you someone that no matter what has been done to you or what you believed or felt about yourself there is healing available for you today. Know that God loves you. Believe that Jesus Christ loves you. Trust that the Holy Spirit loves you. There are times when your problems crowd around you and there is no one there to help you and you aren't sure what to do or where to turn. Today make a decision to embrace the truth and experience God's love. His love is healing to hurting, the forgotten, the deserted and the abandoned. His love will do what money and other people can NEVER do.
I spent a lot of time and experience a lot of frustration hoping, praying, manipulating other people to do for ME what only HE was qualified to do.
Life and love is a beautiful thing when you are NOT going around expecting people to love you enough that you can feel and think better about yourself and your life.
I want to leave you with some truth to meditate on about His love for you and Your love for Him:
Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God will all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
John 14:21b He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.
Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Finally I want to add one more thing there is POWER in the word. Your faith comes by hearing the word of God so please meditate and speak these scriptures often. Get in your bible and find more and do the same with them.
In Jesus Name receive His love, Manie

0 comments: