Saturday, September 27, 2008

This is not about you

Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name.

Whatever you are facing today I have a word from the Lord for you and it's that This is not about you. Whatever was done or happened to you is not your fault. It is not about something you did. You in no way deserve this. There are times when we take the actions of others and internalize them as being our fault. I don't know about you but the enemy always had me on the receiving end of some type of offense thinking what is it about me that caused this mess.
Stop thinking you invite chaos and confusion to your life. Start to think about yourself not just in a good way but a GOD way.
It is not because your looks, your personality, your upbringing. People do what they do because of who they are. We have to stop blaming ourselves all the time.
A lot of times I was my own worst enemy in that I thought everything was always my fault. Jesus went to the cross knowing that He deserve NONE of it but yet endured ALL of it.
Repent for your sins and move on.
It's that as a believer in Him I am free from guilt and condemnation.
It's in Him that I am worthy of all good things. I am justified and redeemed.
We have to know how to value ourselves and tolerate NOTHING other than God's absolute best for our lives.
Again let me say you didn't ask for this. Are you feeling disappointed, betrayed or let down? Most people think that trust and love is something that someone has to earn and all I can say is that I am glad that was not the attitude of Christ. I make a choice to love unconditionally and trust openly because I trust in grace of God to keep me from harm. Yes we do need to guard our heart and there is a way even in openness we can do this without closing others out. Trust God not man.
As a believer I trust that anything that comes to me good or bad HAD to first get pass My Father and if He allowed it will be used for my good and His glory. That is a promise from Him.
Decree today that:
You are the Head. You are on TOP. That is all you need to respond to. Let go of the negativity. Just be still because in your life that Father is getting ready to glorify HIs name. All those around you are about to see the goodness and power of the God you serve. Your seeds of obedience to God have NOW produce a harvest of glory. Stay encouraged, be hopeful and remain in faith. The time of favor is NOW.
In Jesus name Be blessed, Manie

0 comments: