Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Carnal amnesia and Spiritual Remembrance

Isa. 43:19 (NIV) Forget the former things and do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? Recently the Holy Spirit imparted to me revelation knowledge about this scripture. The word new is defined as something that has never existed before. But then we read in Ecclesiastes 1:9b there is nothing new under the sun. God told me that there are times when the new thing may be so similar to the former thing that it is necessary for us to be told and then to recognize that must forget the former things in order to have perception of the NEW thing. That is why its pointed out to not dwell on the past before we are advised the new thing has begun.
If I started driving around in brand new 2008 Infiniti M35 there would be no need to announce to others I had a brand new car. But driving in my old car with a new engine, transmission, radiator, down to the new belts and sparks I would need to the forget and past times of mechanical problems and see that this was a new car.
It took a period of backsliding, thoughts of inadequacy and defeat before I realize when I got saved the only thing in my life that was new was my spirit. My mind was still full of strongholds, deceptions, lies and other junk. My spirit was willing but my flesh was weak. I wanted to be better but how do you become someone you have never been. I needed to get unstuck from the old to the new. I grew in wisdom to know the problem had not so much been the amount of faith but the object of our faith. We only need faith the size of a mustard seed to move mountains. For most of us defeat, lack, sickness were more prominent in our lives than victory, wealth and healing. Sometimes familiarity with a thing is the same as belief in a thing. We think the way it has been will be the way it will always be. We are accustomed to the natural and not believing for the supernatural.
I wake up speaking and confessing for my Elijah to show up for me and my family like he did for the widow and her son. I am believing all day everyday that I will receive double for all my troubles. I use to pray to God to give me the Abraham kind of faith and then the Holy Spirit took me to Romans Chapters 3 & 4. Through the scripture I started to see that it was as simple as Abraham believing in GOD. I had been in the last couple of years scouring the bible looking for the secret on how to have more faith and a funny thing happened in the process. I learned more about the character of who God was. It was as simple as seeing that God did what HE said. In the Old Testament I read and it became real to me the the lives, plight and victories of Jacob, Joseph, David and Joshua. In the New Testament the persecution and authority of my Savior was personal and truth for me. When Jesus healed people I don't know their relationship with him prior but when they came face to face with the Messiah it was DONE unto them according to their faith. I know and I believe that I have POWER over the power of the enemy. I like to think of my faith as a sort of magnet continually drawing my blessings towards me. When I speak the word of God over myself and my life I believe I am giving voice to my faith. We have to make a choice what we choose to believe. God is real and the enemy is real. Death is a choice and life is one as well. Lack is available and so is prosperity. I was convicted by the Holy Ghost that wrong kind of faith is the same as no kind of faith. Today, yesterday and tomorrow I have made the decision to forget all the times I had more faith in NOT seeing God move than believing that He had already moved. I believe God is for me. No matter the natural circumstances I believe that God has granted to me abundant prosperity. I believe there is no sickness and disease that can hold me hostage because I shall live and not die to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Today Go to God in the name of Jesus and the power of the Holy Ghost and believe EVERYTHING that he said to you, for you and about. Meditate on the Word day and night and YOU will make your way successful. Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: