Monday, December 29, 2008

Focus on the light

John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. While I was away on Christmas vacation visiting family and friends there were a MORE than a few times I felt NOT like myself. I mean that more than a few times I stood in the midst of such negative views and reports about this recession, sickness, and other cares and concerns and I stood in the midst of it instead of speaking out against it. Of course there were a few times when I tried to cut through the negativity with the TRUTH of God's word but other times I walked away. Even today I got a prayer from someone with something in it that I KNOW to be contrary to the will of God and I wanted to reply with the word of God but I didn't. Sometimes I struggle with wanting to teach people but sometimes feeling like I am just correcting them. A lot of people who have been in church for years deal with tradition and not revelation of God's word. They pray like they hear others pray whether its right or not. Early last Saturday morning as I stumbled out of the bed I heard the voice of the LORD say to me: DON'T FOCUS ON OTHERS NEGATIVITY YOU JUST REMAIN POSITIVE.
Paul wrote to the church in 1 Corinthians 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. I walk away when I find myself being lured into a situation to argue the word and not teach the word. Some people will listen but not everyone will hear what you are saying. I don't profess to be an EXPERT on God's word but there are times when I hear something that my spirit will reject and so I do.
We are always to be a LIGHT for others but it is a dangerous thing when we become so consumed with them seeing the light that we lose focus on US being the light. Sometimes it is not necessary for us to preach to people with words but to let our progress and growth minister to them. Be Blessed, Manie

0 comments: